7 Nisan 2008 Pazartesi

s t i c h e d t h e c i t y


I wanted to show " how the urban space transition settles in the city..." for the production planning class.

We can exactly talk about " diversity, transformation and transition areas" for İstanbul, because this city always fascinates and surprises us with its multiple structure.

So; how could I show this multiple structure of the city ?
With this thougt I went to Emniyetevler location in 4. Levent in İstanbul. The reason that I choosed this location is; the area contains more than 2 different social, economical and physical textures even in very close distances... To show this transition on the urban space, I prefered to take big panoromic photograhs at the 20th. floor of Movenpick Hotel..( It was hard to get to the 20th. floor, but I insisted on requesting :)
Here is the first panorama


For this one; I took about 10 photographs and turn them into hdr again ( so the whole space looks very saturated:) and then I stiched them...
At this huge panorama, the whole texture of the city area changes from left side to right.
At the left part of this huge space; high income group is located and the structure of the city area is more coordinated with more green areas, lots of high-rise buildings etc.. and there is the big road in the middle.. The road is like a threshold which seperates this different two types of urban area very clearly. When we look at the other part ; right side of the road...The whole texture and structure changes immediately.


and some more hdr frames from the location....









Hiç yorum yok: